Single & Fabulous

Mar 21, 2015

Dating Nina: Part Deux



It’s officially been a little more than 30 days since I started dating Nina and I am happy to report that all is going well, extremely well to be honest. We talk all the time, we see each other 3-4 times per week and…drum roll…we’ve begun overnights! So our 3-4 times per week date nights end in one of our beds. I really do enjoy the time I spend with Nina; it’s very carefree and easygoing. We talk about everything from her adorable nephews I am head over heels in love with to my Mother and crazy Brothers.

One night I took her with me to a lesbian social called The Mixer in Philly because I wanted her to meet one of my good friends. Now here’s the thing, normally when I’m dating a woman or entering a new relationship I introduce the woman to my bestie and other close friends. This usually occurs by attending a game night or social at my besties home. But this time around I’ve been very closed mouth about who I am dating. My friends know I am dating someone, they know Nina’s name but they have yet to meet her. Am I ashamed of Nina? Hell no! I’m very proud to be out with her, we hold hands, and exchange a subtle kiss in public with no problem. I’ve resigned myself to our little bubble by choice. If we’re going to have a relationship then I want our foundation to be strong because I know too well how outside influences can be detrimental to a new relationship i.e. friends and family disapproving of the person you’re seeing even though they don’t know the person or telling how and when certain things should occur in your relationship. So on our terms and time we are incorporating others into our little bubble.

The thing that gives me great pleasure with Nina is that I don’t have the feeling that I am waiting for the other shoe to fall as I have with every other person I have dated/had relationship with. I feel secure and most importantly I’m happy. Yesterday Nina informed me that her Mother asked to meet me. I’m honored and very excited. Her birthday is next month so we’re going to take her out to dinner and I get to spend some time getting to know her. So my next post will be all about meet the parent’s…

No comments:

Post a Comment