Single & Fabulous

Mar 6, 2017

Happily Divorced



“…so what are you going to say at my funeral
now that you have killed me?
here lies the body of the love of my life
whose heart I broke without a gun to my head
here lies the body of the mother of my children
both living and dead
rest in peace my true love
the most bomb pussy who because of me
sleep evaded
her shroud is loneliness
her god was listening
her heaven will be a love without betrayal…”

I know I have been MIA but not without reason. As you all know Nina and I were married last June and what started out as a fairytale has ended. Initially met with shock now I am beaming with nothing but pure happiness. I always said that I did not want to get married; I always wanted to be a mother never a wife. This was a good lesson for me to learn. 

Nina was the one who orchestrated the divorce. I tried to save our marriage by suggesting we attend counseling but she refused. So after the initial shock of being blindsided with the news (which came from my realtor by the way) I started to take inventory of the state of my life with Nina post nuptials and realized I’m better off without her in my life. 

Nina has severe anger and depression issues that stem from a 20+ year relationship with her ex. She refuses to get help. Every time we would have an argument the first words out of her mouth were “I’ll just file for divorce.” There are only so many times you can pull the divorce card before you have to ride or die on it. The constant attitude and comparing me to her ex was more than enough. 

So I learned my lesson. I’m too fabulous to keep loving broken women. I’m too much of a social butterfly to be with someone who is anti-social and prefers to live a doom and gloom existence for the rest of their life. Motherhood suits me just fine but marriage is not for me.
I gave it a try and I can honestly say that I never want to get married again. 

Now bring on the dates…

No comments:

Post a Comment