Single & Fabulous

Nov 20, 2012

Glamazon! My Makeup Bag



GLAMAZON
It's an art & way of life
I’m a Femme and I love, love, love, love, love being a Girl! It’ safe to say that makeup is a huge part of my life. Am I one of those women who won’t allow her Lover to see her without makeup on? No! Am I one of those women who can’t leave the house without a full face? No! I am a firm believer that if you’re going to be in a relationship with someone then she needs to know what you look like glammed up and totally stripped down – if you have no idea what your Lover looks like without makeup then exit stage right immediately!
My Complexion: I have the Mixed Chicks Dilemma – Gold/Yellow undertone with skin that’s a Butterscotch-Caramel mix in the Winter (MAC NC44), and a Caramel-Nutmeg mix in the Summers (MAC NC55).

Face: I have tried just about every drugstore and department store foundations and as much as I have strayed I have always come back to MAC’s Studio Fix Foundation. No other brand, including those specifically designed for women of color, has been able to give me the coverage I crave and match my complexion as MAC has done. The concealer I use is Maybelline’s Liquid Concealer in Café which I commonly find at Target. And to finish off my look I use Cover Girl’s TruBlend Minerals in 415. A little goes a long way with this powder, in fact I’ve had my current one for 4 months now.
Eyes: The eyes MUST POP whether it be a subtle neutral tone or a complete viva glam, the eyes MUST POP! Costal Scents Eye Shadow Palette’s are a GOD SEND. If you’re not already on the bandwagon I highly suggest you jump on it and fast. I have the 88 Shimmer Palettes and I am in love! For a Primer I use Coastal Scents Camo Quad. I’m not a fan of this concealer quad for my face but it’s perfection with my eye shadows. My eyeliner can vary but my daily use is a pencil from New York Color (NYC), and for a night out I use Almay’s Liquid Eyeliner in Smoke Gray. I’m not a fan of false lashes unless they are to be worn for a formal event or photo shoots so I give my lashes some illusion with NYC’s Show Time Mascara.

Lips: I’m not a lipstick kind of girl, never have been and probably never will be. I don’t like how it goes on and I don’t like how it feels. But when it comes to glosses I’m all over it. My daily staple is NYC’s Liquid Lipshine in Nude. I also own the same brand in about 4 other colors as well. They give my lips a sexy wet look and are very buildable. If I’m going for a glam look I’ll use an NYC lip liner pencil then build with the lip gloss.
That’s what’s in my makeup bag…what’s in yours? Got an interesting tip? SHARE!

No comments:

Post a Comment