Single & Fabulous

Nov 25, 2012

Single For The Holidays

Who needs a Lover when you've got Friends?
As I begin to officially, fully transition my closet from Fall to Winter (yeah I’m one of those people who break out the sweaters, pea coats, scarves, gloves, and hats post-Thanksgiving because until then my leathers keep me plenty warm and stylish) I’m sitting here listening to the R&B/Pop Christmas station on Pandora…And then it hits me – Another year, another holiday, completely SINGLE!

This time last year I was trying to the dating thing, however nothing ever prospered from it (obviously!) but I was lucky enough to spend the holidays with my wonderful group of friends. My friends are my ideal family. We celebrate every occasion, holiday, or just because it’s Wednesday and we want to drink. We do a lot of entertaining throughout the year but the holidays are what truly matters.

One thing about the holidays is that it gets my mind going about the kind of family I will have someday and the kind of festivities that will take place in my home. I want a big home where I can entertain. Our Christmas tree and home decorations will be eclectic – I love the Blue, Gold, and stark White colored trees they have on the market these days. Friends who have become family can stop by for dinner, egg nog, a few rounds of spades and maybe some MJ Experience on Wii. I love to bake so my child and I will bake up and decorate some cookies, cupcakes, and open two presents on midnight before sending them to bed.
My hope for the future and holiday gatherings with my friends keeps me from being blue during the holidays. Do I wish I had a lover to spend the holidays with? Of course! I don’t think anyone wishes to be single for the holidays…unless their name is Ebenezer Scrooge.

Are you single for the holidays? What are your plans?

No comments:

Post a Comment