Single & Fabulous

Dec 9, 2012

One Night Only: HawthoRNe's Pole Dance Debut



“It takes a lot of guts to get out there on that stage and do what we do…”

 
Show Me What You Twerkin' Wit
And I did it! Those were the famous words of my Pole Master before we took the stage on December 7th for my first ever Pole Dance Recital.

As part of my fitness journey I have been (now) exclusively taking Fitness and Pole Dance classes at A Sensual You Pole Dance & Fitness Studio located in Philadelphia, PA. My journey with Pole Dance and my AMAZING POLE MASTER began during a Pole Party my friends and I hosted back in March 2012. We had such an interest and good time that we had to have two parties that month. And so my Pole Addiction kicked off.

I’m usually at the studio 3-4 days per week for Pole, Kickboxing, Yoga, and Tease classes. These classes keep my mind and body in shape. One day I’ll have to post some before ASY and with ASY photos just to show you how far I have come with their help in this journey.

The days and weeks leading up to the recital were hard work and intense. I decided to dance to three songs: “Diced Pineapples” by Rick Ross, “Suga Mama” by Beyoncé, and my signature, Alter Ego song “Darling Nikki” by Prince, and each song required some practice, a few routine sections, and free styling. “Diced Pineapples” was my intense Pole work routine, “Suga Mama” was fast, upbeat with Pole and Chair work, and “Darling Nikki” was a lot of sexual, sensual Floor work and one of my signature Pole moves – Fast Drop Plank!

My costumes were on point for my songs as well. Being that I surrendered the extensions back in July I purchased a Lace Front Wig with super long curly tresses. One thing I learned about Pole Dancing is that Hair is a major routine accessory so there is no doubt that I was whipping it, stroking it, and playing it up. I shall rock one for my next Pole Dance Recital.


Yes that’s right, there will be another Pole Dance Recital (First Quarter of 2013, look out for dates!) and I plan on performing. I’m already getting some song ideas and routines in my head. One song in particular I want to dance to is “Secret” by Maroon 5. That song is PURE SEX! Pole Dancing has truly changed my life. My confidence level is through the roof, I feel sexy, I walk sexy, hell I even talk sexy and I owe it all to my Pole Master Instructors of ASY. Barbara and Mary truly know how to transform the “everyday woman” into a sensual Vixen.
Wanna feel sexy? Always wanted to try Pole Dancing? Looking for a life changing experience? If you’re in the Philly, New Jersey, Delaware, hell even New York area please drop by A Sensual You and change your life. Fair Warning: YOU WILL BECOME ADDICTED TO THE POLE.

Here’s an idea of what goes on at a Pole Dance Recital:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment