Single & Fabulous

Dec 2, 2012

The Mommy Blues


Fashion Forward Member of The Hot Moms Club
I’ve got the Blues. No, not those kind of sappy, feeling bad for myself because it’s the holiday season kind of blues. I’ve got the Baby Fever Want To Be A Mommy kind of blues.
I have always wanted to be a Mother; it’s the one thing I will never compromise on in a relationship. So therefore I have adopted the motto that whether I have a partner or not I am going to be a Mother.

The idea of Single Motherhood – although terrifying to others – never scared me. I’ve weighed the options, taken inventory of my future, and I am solid in my thinking and planning surrounding this journey in my life. My Mother is my best support system and my friends will play an active role in being the community/village that helps raise my child. Childcare, School, and extracurricular activities require a trust fund account of their own, but I am going into a profession that will allow me to provide those things on my own without the need for a partner. Not to mention that I will be relocating to an area where the Nursing jobs and chances for advancement are plenty and the cost of living is far better than Philly.
So what does my little Diva look like? Notice how I said Diva not Leading Man. I prefer a Girl; I want to raise a beautiful, strong, intelligent woman who will contribute good things to this world. Now that does not mean that I will shun a son because trust me he will be the epitome of the word GENTLEMAN and also contribute good things to this world (unlike the rest of the men of color in this society). But regardless of the sex, my child will be half Asian. When contemplating a donor I never once considered an African-American…my choices have always been one of the European descents, Israeli, or Asian. Over the years I have fallen more towards having an Asian donor. I admire their culture, their values about education and family mirror mine, and let’s admit it BLASIAN (Black & Asian) babies are just f*cking adorable! Hello Tae Heckard, Kimora Lee Simmons, Tyson Beckford, Kelis, Chanel Iman, Amerie.

No doubt being a member of the Hot Moms Club is high on my list. Keeping in shape is already a priority for me. I look good and feel even better. I don’t plan on ever letting myself go as so many women seem to do post child birth and even after settling down. That is a huge no-no in my book. I’ll be that Mom who is rocking skinny jeans and stilettos to my kid’s soccer game, the Mom with the banging body who bakes the most exquisite cupcakes for the PTA meetings, the Mom everyone’s (married) Dad drools over but Oh no, sorry Boys I’m more interested in your Wives.
Motherhood is going to be a delight for me. No doubt there will be sleepless nights, empty wine bottles, and days where I’ll say “What the f*ck was I thinking” but still a true delight.

No comments:

Post a Comment