Single & Fabulous

Mar 9, 2013

Me, Docile?!?


I have officially been on Spring Break since Wednesday at 6PM which means I survived one of the most insanity challenging Terms of my Nursing School career. So why am I not out partying like a Rockstar? Well Mother Nature put a stop to tonight’s festivities which means I am curled up on the sofa with a bottle of wine, my laptop, and my thoughts…
Docile: Ready to accept control
or instruction; Submissive
About a week ago my favorite cousin and I were hanging out just running some errands. She was entertaining me with a story about how some ratchet chick called her at 6AM asking her if she would stop calling her boyfriend (whom just so happens to be my cousins good friend from High School) and then proceeded to call her every hour threatening her and wanting to fight. I cracked up when my cousin relayed how she cursed this girl out. Then she asks me:

“Has this ever happened to you?”

“No! I don’t have dudes chicks calling me with drama.”

“So no woman has ever contacted you or confronted you because she thought you were too close to her girlfriend?

“No! I don’t get into that kind of mess.”

“Well that’s good because you’re too nice and too docile. I can’t see you cursing a bitch out.”
I laughed the entire car ride. My cousin has no idea. I think I am too nice at times especially to the wrong people. But when I’ve had enough, I’ve had enough and it’s not pretty. Of course, when I was much younger more immature if someone wanted to argue I went there – yelling, screaming, cursing, you name it I acted a whole fool and then some. Now I don’t go there with people unless I have to which has been once in a blue moon.

I’m a Cancer. One of our best traits is that we’re very loving, caring, nurturing – translation = People Pleasers. One trait that gets us in trouble is that we internalize things until we explode and then it can be compared to some scene out of Carrie. This is something I am guilty of doing…but only 1/4th of the Carrie scene. I recently explained to someone that if I’m not vested in someone then it’s very easy for me to HEAR their opinions then walk away from them and the situation with no second thought or regard. I can just simply disappear. But if I’m vested in someone then I take the time to LISTEN to them and communicate.
We are all very complex beings. No two people are alike. And I hardly doubt I am docile. I think I just have a different (maybe even more mature) approach to dealing with people and drama…

1 comment:

  1. "I’m a Cancer. One of our best traits is that we’re very loving, caring, nurturing – translation = People Pleasers. One trait that gets us in trouble is that we internalize things until we explode and then it can be compared to some scene out of Carrie. This is something I am guilty of doing…but only 1/4th of the Carrie scene. I recently explained to someone that if I’m not vested in someone then it’s very easy for me to HEAR their opinions then walk away from them and the situation with no second thought or regard. I can just simply disappear. But if I’m vested in someone then I take the time to LISTEN to them and communicate." <<<THIS, story of my life!! I too am a Cancer and people tend to think I'm more laid back and nice but don't take my kindness for weakness...

    ReplyDelete