Single & Fabulous

Dec 17, 2013

Endings & New Beginnings

Shouting Happy 57th Birthday to the best Mother in the world! Part of the reason why I am the woman I am today is because of her unconditional love, care, support. My Mother accepts me for me, no judgment, no shame, no compromise.

As 2013 comes to an end I realized some things in my life are also beginning. I just survived one of the toughest terms of my senior year in Nursing School (although my Final is tomorrow, I could get the bare minimum and still pass the term), I ended my residency in Philadelphia, and I buried some of my long held beliefs and stubbornness in the realm of dating and relationships.


2014 is going to be full of nothing but new beginnings. Over this past weekend I moved into my NJ apartment and I am loving it! I’m close to all my favorite NJ hangouts and I can get wine at midnight any day of the week! I could never do this in Philly thanks to the Pennsyl-prohibition state laws regarding where wine and other “spirits” could be sold and the days/hours those stores are allowed to be open. It resulted in stocking up trips and waiting in long lines at the State Store a day or two before a holiday or using your lunch break to stock up for the trip home because by the time you got off the store was closed. And my tried and true favorite – making a trip to NJ and smuggling wine across the border. Yes, PA is brutal! And I loves my vino.


January 2nd I hit the ground running to finish my final year of Nursing School so graduation and NCLEX preparations will commence as well as applying for a spot at a BSN program (maybe even considering the BSN-MSN option just to get it out the way). The biggest new beginning in 2014 for me will be saying bye bye to my 20’s and hello to Flirty Thirty! That’s one new beginning I am certainly looking forward to.


So farewell 2013, it's been fun. I learned, I've grown.

2014 please be nothing short of amazingly, wonderfully, kind, loving, and good to me...

No comments:

Post a Comment