Single & Fabulous

Mar 13, 2014

The Juggling Act



The post you all have been waiting for – my current dating life! Ever since Mrs. Right and I split I’ve been getting sound advice and suggestions from my good friend Z. She recently got engaged to the most amazing woman ever but I remember when Z’s dating life and search for love was just as hectic as mine. She’s found happiness and she wants nothing but the same for me. “Don’t put all your faith in one basket, date and talk to multiple women.” Now I’ve always said that I am not one to juggle. I’m a serial monogamist…but hell it’s 2014, lets shake some things up a bit. And here it goes…

Not to toot my own horn, but umm Beep Beep, I have not had to do much in terms of finding women to date. I’ve been approached online and in person by several women and I’ve done nothing more than be out and about, doing my own thing with friends and/or family, and keeping my online profile on point. 

In person I’ve been asked out by a Physician’s Assistant while at clinical rotation for school. She’s beautiful, intelligent, and fun to be around. We initially met for a drink and agreed if conversation was flowing right we’d grab a table for dinner. Well we ended up staying for dinner and closing down the restaurant! We’ll definitely go out again. One night while hanging out at the Fridays my classmate bartends at with a group of friends, I sat next to young woman who immediately sparked up a conversation with me. I found out she’s a Paralegal and wants to go to law school but wants to work as a bartender while trying to get through school. I talked to her about my experiences as a bartender and going to school. Next thing you know she offers me her number and asks if we can have dinner. She’s beautiful, great sense of humor, and conversationalist so why not! Dinner went well and we will be planning our next outing soon.

There are two women who have approached me online whom I am talking to and getting to know. The first one is a VP for a major corporation, at first I thought a dating situation would work well for us but after getting to know her for a while I realized that she still has some people in her life whom she needs to let go of so we’re definitely in the friendship/flirting zone and keep up with each other weekly. Lady number two owns her own production company and is a down to earth free spirit, as with the others she is very beautiful but her beauty is unique. I love her complexion! She invited me to her birthday celebration and due to my schedule I was unable to attend but we’ve made plans to run around town and have a rockstar weekend very soon and since my schedule is about to be open that will be happening before the month is out. 

I’m a member of a MeetUp group which keeps me active and my schedule packed with events. If you’re looking for a way to socialize with other lesbians definitely check out the MeetUp groups in your area. I recently hosted an event and as asked out by a member and the friend of another member. I haven’t accepted the offers but I’ll be mixing and mingling with them again at the upcoming event I’m hosting so we shall see. 

Is there one person I like more than the others? At this point, I can’t truly say there is. They all hold my attention and are mentally stimulating in one way or another. Time will tell who I am meant to get serious with. Until then I’m enjoying myself and the company I am keeping…

No comments:

Post a Comment