Single & Fabulous

Apr 5, 2015

Fifty Shades of Vanilla



Happy Passover, Happy Easter, and Happy Sunday! I’ve been meaning to write a blog post about the hyped up, major let down of a movie, that desperate housewives swear by- Fifty Shades of Grey (should have been more like Fifty Shades of Pure Vanilla Blah!). If you haven’t seen the movie I encourage you not to waste your money, and instead do exactly what I did and find it free online and stream it on your PC because it’s not even worth you buying a copy from your local bootleg man. Yeah, that bad.

One, if anyone fell into the hype of this movie and thinks this is the best and most accurate portrayal of sexual domination or an S&M relationship, sorry to break the news to you but your sex life is very dull, boring, and vanilla. Step your game up. The yes yes, no no game they play, the predictability of their sex scenes and even the scenes to follow, and their high school break up ending is for the birds. Two, for those confused anti-domestic violence warriors (yes I am anti-domestic violence too, but I’m also very educated enough to discern differences) who are screaming that S&M is the same as domestic violence I encourage you to (1) get over your sexual repression and (2) do some serious, legitimate research on S&M because THIS IS NOT domestic violence, it’s consensual sex between two adults who have mutually agreed to explore this realm of sex and intimacy. Just because it doesn’t look like your cookie cutter, Stepford Wives version of sex and intimacy doesn’t make it wrong. It’s just different…and there are differences all around us seen in many different aspects of love and life. 

Maybe 50 post ago I mentioned my brief affairs with a Sugar Momma I have…had…have…we’re not seeing each other because I’m dating Nina but let’s just say she’s there when I need her. Anyway, one thing I loved about being with her was our sexual adventures. She was very sweet and polite outside of the bedroom but very dominate and controlling once we were there. I loved it; I love to be dominated in bed. Tied up, gaged, hair pulling, command speak. Bring it on! Is it something I’ve done with every lover? No. Certain sides of you every one is not equipped to handle. Nina is aware of this side of me; she’s intrigued and admits to loving being in control. We’re taking baby steps but we’re getting there. This kind of power play requires complete vulnerability and trust on both ends.
 
The only good thing to come out of this movie, in my opinion, is the soundtrack. The Weeknd’s “Earned It”, Beyonce’s “Haunted” & “Crazy In Love Remix” are fire! Have you seen Fifty Shades of Grey? What are your thoughts? Is S&M something you’d like to explore?

No comments:

Post a Comment