Single & Fabulous

Jul 13, 2016

I's Married Now



Happy July Love’s! I’m back, I’m married…and I’m also a Mommy! Say what?!? Yes, I am also a Mommy! 

Nina and I said I Do on June 17th in front of our friends in beautiful Las Vegas. I love Vegas and cannot wait to go back. We had a beautiful suite, awesome last night of freedom at the strip club (Shout Out to Lacy’s Lounge and Passion), beautiful views during dinner at the Stratosphere, and just a wonderful time all around. Vegas was the perfect choice for a stress free, nothing but fun wedding experience. I am so grateful that we ditched the whole Big Wedding at Home idea. I couldn’t handle the stress.

So how is married life? Honestly, nothing has changed. The only difference is you now have a piece of paper…and you can’t put the other person out. Nina and I are still the same with each other, only now we are aware that the other is truly effected by choices each of us makes in terms of finances, etc. We make joint decisions about big things now versus just giving the other person a heads up. And we make it known that the other person has speaking power where one of us is concerned so conversations are full circle. 

In-Law issues? We’ve had one or two, from her side of course (not surprised) but we handled it and pretty much went on about our business. People are petty and spiteful and unfortunately we call them family…but that doesn’t mean I have to take the bait and lower myself to their standards. I’ll just act like you don’t exist and carry on with my life. 

And the Mommy business? I am not preggers and have not been preggers, although that is still in the plans. Nina and I are going to get full custody of and adopt my infant niece. We have been helping my folks care for her and we are ready to move forward with having her full-time thus making us Mommies! I am excited, we love her very much, and she looks just like me so it’s an added bonus. 

In other news…I have decided to get out of hospital Nursing and venture back into social services centered nursing or just back to the realm of Program Management period. So much has changed in Nursing and for the worse. I’d rather be rated on my ability to save your life versus my ability to ensure that your coffee is “180 degrees” (real comment from a survey by the way). Nina and I have also started our own business so we’re on our road to being a power lesbian couple. 

So much has been going on in this world that I am definitely going to speak on our crocked law enforcement system and instilling values back into our families and communities. These are sad times we are living in…but for now I am happy, married, and mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment