Single & Fabulous

Jul 1, 2015

Hello Marriage Equality, What The Hell Took You So Long?



Pride Month wrapped up with the Supreme Court of the United States declaring the ban on same sex marriage unconstitutional, therefore Gay and Lesbian couples who wish to marry are now afforded the same rights, benefits and protections under federal and state laws as the Breeders. No doubt this ruling has brought out the homophobes and nay sayers…and those who you thought were supporters of the Gay and Lesbian community are suddenly showing how much they are playing for Team Homophobe. 

I had a family member tell me that her sister, whom I have always regarded as my sister and have been out in front of my entire life, said to some other family members that she doesn’t understand why she allows her teenage daughter to be a Lesbian. Allow? She doesn’t have a choice in this whatsoever, she was born a lesbian whether you want to accept the science behind it or not. I was so heated over this news that I took Facebook, went to my baby cousin’s page and posted for the entire world to see that I love her for who she is, despite how others may judge her life. She is a whole person 24/7/365 and those who truly love you will love all of you not just pieces of your that they agree with. Another cousin who is a minister’s wife posted that she doesn’t agree with homosexuality but finds it hard to support her family and friends who are homosexual. Ummm excuse me Miss Fake First Lady of the church but weren’t you identifying as lesbian back in high school? You had a full fledge lesbian relationship. Now you don’t agree with homosexuality when you identified as one? Right…

So called Christians using the bible to only suit their argument against same sex marriage, yet they don’t want to talk about how divorce is a sin, cohabitation before marriage is a sin, premarital sex is a sin, having children out of wedlock is a sin, having affairs is a sin. And the list goes on and on. But we don’t talk about that, right? Right…

I’m glad Marriage Equality is here because it’s exposing people for the fakes and two faced wannabes they truly are. I know where I stand with certain family members and which Christians are truly Christians. 

In other news, Dad’s retirement party went well…except for the freeloading motherfuckers who showed up who were not invited. One thing is for sure, I need to get my girl some dance lessons because she cannot dance! LOL! She has to learn before we attend our first wedding together…

No comments:

Post a Comment