Single & Fabulous

Aug 10, 2015

Movin' On In



Between work and Nina I have been a busy bee. The weekend after my birthday Nina’s mother asked us to join them at their home for a birthday dinner complete with my favorite – Homemade Strawberry Shortcake. Dinner was amazing and I got to bond more with her mother which is always good. She’s such a sweet woman, something I certainly am not used to. 

As I mentioned before, Nina and I have discussed living together. Our leases are ending and we decided that since she is with me 7 days per week anyways that she might as well move in. I called my property manager to see if a two bedroom would become available soon and to my surprise she said October 1st the place in my same courtyard would be available so I would be able to move in 2 weeks prior and she would not charge me for the earlier move in date and would prorate Septembers rent. Perfect! The space is what Nina and I need because right now it’s crazy!

The only woman I shared space with long term was my 5 year relationship with the Administrator. And well that relationship certainly wasn’t a pleasant one nor an ideal situation no matter how big that damn penthouse was. It was tainted. Since then I have been on my own, living in my own space and loving it. Nina has brought most of her items here to make the move from Philly easier for her. That’s when I realized how essential a bigger apartment would be. We have no room, and I mean absolutely no room, not even for our common groceries etc. 

Have you ever seen that episode of Martin where Gina moves in and they have two of everything so they have to decide what stays and what goes…but neither one of them want to give up their items? Yeah. It was sorta like that for a while. I love my coffee maker, but Nina had a Keurig. I’m not a fan of the Keurig because I love my coffee strong and no matter how hard I tried there just wasn’t a brand of coffee strong enough available from Keurig. As much as I didn’t want to I got rid of my coffee maker and we kept the Keurig. Since then I have purchased the Starbucks Verona kcups and I have a reusable filter that I can fill with stronger, Keurig ground coffee from Starbucks or another supplier. Thus far I am okay…but I still miss my damn coffee maker. 

We have tons of pots and pans, and we haven’t even brought her dishes here yet. As far as closets go, she’s just as much of a clothes whore as I am. I’m waiting for the bar in the closet to break any day now because we keep buying clothes! At least we settled on a new color theme and comforter set for the bedroom. In all, that was the easy part. We both like blue so we went that route. 

Our mission is to be packed up and out of here by September 15th and to start getting settled in our new apartment. All of this on top of our hectic work schedules and trying to maintain some form of a social life. 

Welcome to the next chapter of my life…

No comments:

Post a Comment