Single & Fabulous

Aug 18, 2015

The Night We Slept Over



This past weekend was one for the books. Nina started a new business venture and had her first project on Sunday morning and Saturday evening we spent our first overnight together in her parent’s home. 

Nina’s adorable nephews have not seen in since April so they wanted to have a birthday dinner for her at Nina’s parent’s home so they could spend time with her and finally meet me. Since Nina had a new client she promised work for on Sunday she suggested that we spend the night with her parent’s and then Sunday morning she can take care of the project for her client then return to her parent’s home and help get things ready for her birthday dinner.

I was a bit apprehensive about this because although I was completely comfortable with her parent’s, and completely love and adore her Mother, this was our first 24+ hours we would be spending with her parent’s. Of course with this came my other problem – finding appropriate sleepwear. I couldn’t walk around Nina’s parent’s home in boyshorts and a tank top like I do around our home. Which brings me to my next lesson – unless you are shopping in the Grandma clothing section, there is absolutely no Overnight With The Parent’s appropriate sleepwear! Too short, too tight, too see through, too seductive. I’d have to wear a robe the entire night! I finally found something but it took me 2 hours! 

Nina’s Mother is your typical Jewish Mother. All this woman did was feed me! She bought Chinese and Sushi for dinner because Nina told her I’d eat either. Now when the weather is as hot as it has been I stick to lighter fare because heavier foods make me nauseous so eating the sushi was not an issue…but her mother insisted that I try the general tso’s chicken, chicken and broccoli, and shrimp lo mein! 

The bedroom Nina and I shared for the evening was perfectly situated on the other side of their home which was good because as much as we tried not to, we had sex that evening. Oh the joys of trying to be quiet while you can hear her parent’s walking around…still up eating desserts at 11:00 P.M. The next morning Nina said she doubts her mother heard us because she would not be making eye contact with us. LOL! 

The next morning I had breakfast and coffee on the patio with Nina’s mother while she worked on her project. The feeding frenzy began again, this time with her mother practically hand feeding me breakfast pastries. I have to admit, I couldn’t resist. Sometimes a mother’s loving gestures is what you really need in the morning. One thing Nina’s mother said that really touched my heart was “Since you’re now a part of this family I need to know what you eat so I can make sure it’s here when you two come visit.” If I didn’t love that woman before, now was the crowning moment. 

Dinner with Nina’s nephews was a blast. They are very wonderful, well mannered, little gentlemen. And I hate teenagers but these three were raised right. We introduced them to Phase 10 and for 3 hours we sat on the living room floor laughing and joking with them. We bonded so well that Nina and I agreed to have them sleepover one weekend once we were all settled into the new apartment. They can’t wait. 

My relationship with Nina is truly a blessing. The abundance of love and acceptance we continue to receive is heartwarming and a huge motivation…

No comments:

Post a Comment