Single & Fabulous

Jul 18, 2011

The Birthday List

Happy Birthday to Me! I must admit turning 27 (yes, I put my age out there. I ain’t scared) is great. I need to do this more often. One thing comes to mind – The List. You know what list I am talking about, the list of things you wanted to do/have by the time you reached a certain age.


MARRIAGE or something like it…I thought I would be “married” by now, but doesn’t every girl? In my early 20’s I was with a woman who wanted to get married complete with ceremony and all the trimmings. I agreed and we planned a beautiful wedding. Too bad we never made it down the aisle.

KIDS tailor made or adopted…I always said I wanted to have or adopt a child by the time I am 28. Well I’m 27 and nowhere near ready to raise a child. Hell I’m still raising my own inner child. I’m thinking more like 30’s is when I will bless my mother with a grandchild (one she says cannot call her Grandma. Go figure!)

CAREER or the diverted path…When I was first in college I wanted to be one thing – an Obstetrician. I fell out of love with the current trends in medicine towards birth and decided to pursue my next career goal – License to be a Bitch aka Juris Doctorate. While taking Sociology courses I decided to take the unknown diverted path. But the train is back on track and I am going to pursue my love medicine and helping others via Nursing and since I still love the Law obtaining my Juris Doctorate is not too far off from my MSN.

HOMEOWNERSHIP or renters game…The house was always going to come with the marriage, the kids and the career. But since everything else is on an extended plan so is the house as SOCIAL SERVICES DOESN’T PAY SHIT! Once I become a Nurse I’m going to get my first home and work my way up to that mansion on the hill.

TATTOOS and other unmentionable things…I always thought I would have my first and possibly second tattoo by now. I’ve had several piercings but the only thing is missing is my tattoo experience. I can’t even say there is a valid excuse as to why I do not have it now but please believe that I will have one by this time next year.

All in all, I have to admit I like where I am in life. I’ve made some mistakes, learned some very valuable lessons, outgrew some friends, and gained some better ones, disregarded my family and bonded with an entirely new one. At 27 I am proud to say simply that LIFE IS GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment